You’d be surprised to learn that what usually bothers women most about their skin and issues that can easily be fixed and may not cost much to fix them. Most skin conditions stem from a need for a deep cleansing or a good exfoliation of the first the second layer of the skin. That then allows a professional to thin out the stratum corneum and afterwards, all that is needed is a great home care routine to balance out the pH levels of her skin.
What Should Be Included In A Great Home Care Routine?
Your cleanser should have a pH of between 2.5 and 4.3. Below are my recommendations based on your skin type:
- Normal skin – look for a mild cleanser.
- Oily skin– look for a cleanser that contains Salicylic Acid.
- Dry skin– look for a cleanser that contains a moisturizer or cream base as well as lactic acid.
- Combination skin – seek out a mild cleanser with Glycolic Acid.
- Sensitive skin – you need a cream-based cleanser so that it moisturizers your skin but contains no Alpha-hydroxy Acids.
- Myelinated skin – you’ll need a cleanser that contains Hybrid Glycolic acid.
If your skin type is…
- Normal – you’ll want to look for a creamy moisturizer that contains Hyaluronic Acid and Lactic Acid.
- Oily – your moisturizer should be water-based and more of a gel.
- Dry – look for a cream-based moisturizer (shea butter or jojoba oil) with either/and Urea, Lactic cid, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Sensitive + Combination – use a lightweight moisturizer with no acids in it.
Tips For Acne Prone or Problematic Skin
If you have Acne Prone or problematic skin, I would recommend using a toner such as Apple Cider Vinegar. If you do not have problematic skin I recommend you using a Freshener such as Witch Hazel.
You also will want to get a facial at least once a month by your esthetician. Your esthetician should be able to type your skin and recommend the best products for your skin. If you have more problematic skin, your esthetician can usually correct the problems by using mild to deep acids.
I hope this was helpful, if you need help determining your skin type please feel free to schedule a virtual consultation with me and I will gladly assist you. Please contact us with any of your skin care questions or to schedule an appointment. You may reach us by phone at (615) 884-6744 or by email at email@example.com.
Now enrolling for Esthetics by P Brown Institute – the only Ethnic Skin Care Institute in the nation…