Anyone who knows me, knows my love language is a delicious cup of coffee. Me and Coffee have a whole relationship, it touches parts of my soul in ways only Jesus knows. Therefore, I have perfected repurposing coffee. Let’s talk about coffee and skincare.
There Are So Many Benefits To Coffee
Coffee contains antioxidants, polyphenols and one of the best ingredients for skin tightening – caffeine. Studies have found that merely drinking coffee can help protect against aging from sun rays.
Benefits to Reusing Coffee Grounds:
- A coffee facial scrub can help brighten skin, the acid in coffee gives you some chemical exfoliation on top of mechanical exfoliation and it boosts the skin and protects it from bacteria and viruses touch your skin.
- Coffee can help the skin maintain hydration by reducing trans-epidermal water loss.
- Coffee grounds are great for exfoliation, they smooth and soften skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite because caffeine helps stimulate the enzymes that break down fat (this is why it helps reduce cellulite).
- Spent grounds can be used in a DIY Foot Scrub with Epson salt and Grapeseed oil or olive oil.
- Helps reduce inflammation or puffiness around the eyes because it stimulates blood flow or dilates blood vessels that increase blood flow which helps with tightening skin. Since Coffee contains chlorogenic acids, it may magically restrict blood vessels.
- Applying (brewed) coffee to the hair can be a great way to help rebalance the pH levels of the hair and scrubbing spent coffee grounds on the scalp can help remove dead skin cells.
- Researchers found that topically applied caffeine helped protect against some skin cancers at the molecular level by inhibiting a protein enzyme in skin.
Coffee & Honey Facial Scrub Recipe:
½ c moist ground coffee + 3T Raw Local Honey (antibacterial and humectant – keeps skin moist). Apply to face in gentle sweeping circles.
I hope this was helpful and you learned something you didn’t know about the benefits of coffee. If you have any questions regarding this post or any of our services, please feel free to contact us. We can be reached by phone at (615) 884 – 6744 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, remember to follow us on social media:
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and IGTV to see our upcoming classes, seminars, and videos.
As Always, we look forward to hearing from you…